Extreme Whitewater


Well, we finally had a window of 
opportunity to take a "break" from work which is a very rare event. When I say "break", I don't mean laying around in the sun at the beach. We never do that! We go for the more active stuff. This time we adventured in Lake George, NY. Now those of you who are over the age of 35 may remember "StoryTown" "FontierTown" "Gaslight Village" ... I have very fond memories of those places! Well, those are long gone and replaced by Six Flags "The Great Escape" and a host of other less "commercial" attractions. We opted to stay away from Six Flags since we've "been there, done that". Instead we spent a full day on the Hudson River White Water Rafting, and another day at the Adirondack Extreme course. Both were extremely physically demanding. On the lighter side we "Tubby Tubed" down another part of the Hudson River and visited the "Natural Stone Bridge & Caves". I highly recommend all of these attractions. Now, I'm not much of a talker so let me show you some of the "Extreme" stuff we did:



Don't try this at home! Adironcack Extreme

Being up to 80 ft in the air on a very demanding
adventure course presented me with a few logistical
problems but havnig an extremely lightweight, compact,
and waterproof camera with ability to shoot video
made it much easier.


Catch the "Bubble"!!! White Water Rafting

I'm just glad that I was'nt the poor soul who was the first
to fall overboard two minutes into the ride! In fact, we were
the second to last raft to "catch the bubble" but we ended up
in "first" place out of about 10 rafts in our party.
This was no kiddie ride so we had to actively and intensly paddle
our ***es off about 80% of the trip especially through the class III & IV
rapids! So you won't see the big stuff in this clip because I would have probably fallen overboard!


"Hmmm..., How did you take any pictures or videos if you were doing all of that that tough stuff?". Glad you asked. Realizing at the last moment I did not want to take any of my $4000 cameras (which were not waterproof and did not shoot video) into the Hudson River or 100 ft dangling in the air above the rocky forest, I bought a nifty little $170 FujiFilm WPZ33 waterproof camera which shoots stills & videos. "How is the quality?" Another fine question! Although you can't tell from these videos because they are massively compressed, the quality, for what it is, is pretty good (we screened them on our 32' LCD and they looked good). I bought it the day before I left so I had zero time to test it out. The first waterproof shots I took were at the hotel pool and I must say the quality was very good for the price. Check out the White Water and the Extreme Adventure because all of the video and images here were shot with it.


Comments

Popular Posts