Impressions of M.O.M.A

We were recently in the city and had the opportunity to stop by the Museum of Modern Art. I have always been open to all types of art (to each his/her own) from the traditional to the art of everyday living. However, I must say that I was underwhelmed by the offerings of M.O.M.A. Granted there were absolutely phenomenal works by Degas, Picasso, van Gogh, Renoir, Okeeffe, and some more modern artists I couldn't name, but when I see a totally blank, white (or black) canvas, or a reproduction of a Campbells soup can (Warhol) it makes me scratch my head in utter perplexity (maybe that is the point?). Shame on M.O.M.A. for giving credence to this "artistic" subterfuge when artistic talent is abound. In my opinion, it takes not one ounce of talent to hang a blank canvas of any singular color or to make a copy of somebody else's art work. That, requires great marketing/social skills to fool people into believing it has some type of artistic merit, not artistic talent itself.  I also got a bit irritated to find out that some of the "artists" did not even have a hand in creating some work. They just "oversaw" someone else doing the work. Ultimately I became so disgusted and bored with the works that I decided to shoot my own "art".
Looking outside a MOMA window. It was actually more interesting than the "art" in that section.
Inside MOMA. This design is actually a nicely planned piece of art.
Looking out a MOMA window onto W.53rd.
That's my son cloned!
Looking down into the MOMA lobby. 
MOMA Courtyard.
Broadway on the fly (literally).




Comments

Popular Posts