Kaitlyn & Brian's Unforgettable October.

In 20 years I have photographed weddings through Hurricanes, scorching 104 degree heat, Ice Storms, floods and even 36 degree temperatures in June. Now I can add a nasty NorEaster that dumped 12 inches of snow in October to my list.


Not even a unprecedented, historic October snow storm could stop Kaitlyn & Brian from enjoying their wedding day. They had the perfect attitude: "Well, we can't change the weather so we might as well go with it". I didn't hear one complaint (maybe due to the shock) even when I asked them to step outside for some awesome shots in the "driving" snow!


 You have to give credit to their guests too because they had to drive through some of the worst weather, not just for October, but anytime! All of the highways were a mess of unplowed slush. That combined with drivers who were oblivious to the conditions made it extremely dangerous. Through all that, everyone showed up to the Society Room in Hartford for the reception and had a fantastic time!


Here are a few shots of the snow.
Hartford cityscape amongst the wind swept snow.
One of my favorite shots however it needs to be seen large to get the full effect.

If I posted this in February, you would have never guessed it was late fall.
The groomsmen did a fantastic job clearing off the church walkway for everyone and helping Kaitlyn & Brian.
Since the reception hall didn't bother to shovel the walk for guests, I had to don a shovel, camera in hand
and clear off a section for Kaitlyn & Brian. 
Not much fun cleaning it off with just a cloth napkin! But at least I put my wipers off!


Comments

Popular Posts